Thursday, March 1, 2012

Talking - Carol Lynne

Book 3
Carol Lynne - Where do I start? I had so much trouble choosing one of her books because I love them all - In the end I did my daughters favourite - Sweet Toppings.

BLURB:

Wheelchair -bound, Kyle Brynn loves his home above the bakery he owns and runs. He's proud of everything he's managed to accomplish since the accident six years ago took the use of his legs. At the age of twenty-six he's an independent man living on his own, despite the protests from his family. However, with his independence comes loneliness. It's not the townspeople's fault that they see him as less of a man, it's his.

Darshawn 'Gill' Gilling quit football at the height of his career without a word to the press as to why. Now settled in Cattle Valley, Gill's happy running his garage and gas station. His life is much easier since coming out of the closet to his friends and family. he just wishes he'd had someone to come out for. Most folks in town tend to be a little awestruck when Gill comes around, but if he wanted fans he'd have stayed in football. What he really wants is that cute little baker down the street.

My Take:

Okay, I am going to say this - If carol writes a series, then I definitely recommend that they be read in sequence,  or you will be out of the loop. Mind you, I am the type of person that is a bit OCD about reading things in order.

Sweet Toppings, is wonderfully written and I loved it. this is an inter racial love story that just grabs you by the heart and doesn't let go. Again I don't go into the ins and outs (no pun intended) because you will just have to read it to find out how wonderful it really is. My daughter loved it and is about to be onto her second print version because her's is falling apart - and she can't have mine. This is Em's comfort book - even though we have it in ebook as well - she still prefers to snuggle up with Kyle and Gill in print form. (Mind you Em thinks the whole series could be renamed Kyle & Gill).

So do yourself a favour and get to reading anything that Carol has ever written - you won't be sorry.

Available at:

2 comments:

  1. This is one I definitely need to read ;) thanks babe for sharing...btw Randy will be happy with your helping out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em threatened to hurt me if I didn't do this book (okay - kidding). I am trying to behave by showing you all these wonderful books.

      Delete